2011-11-28

PeriPera polish review

Posted by Suteisi ♥ at 4:16 PM

I heard of Korean cosmetics brands
PeriPera a few weeks ago. Their products looked pretty standard of an asian brand to me, until I came across their nail polishes. Cute bottles, gorgeous pastel colors and most of all, the tag like "1 coat, 1 minute, 1 week". Apparently these little beauties only take 1 coat, dry within 1 minute and will last up to a week. Instantly I wanted to try them! I'd wanted pastel colors for quite some time and never found shades that I liked until I stumbled upon PeriPera so even without the tag line I probably would have bought these.

Vanilla lime, vanilla sky, vanilla peach and vanilla pink.

I tried all of them on and my favorite color definitely is vanilla lime.

Vanilla sky and vanilla lime on my toes.

But I was disappointed because their tag line really didn't translate well, not on me anyway.
Maybe my nails are too long/large, but one coat definitely wasn't enough. I had to apply 3 coats to get the opaque color I wanted. I didn't take long for them to dry, but with 3 coats it was easy to smudge, I smudged a few of them, so I had to take the time to let the coats dry in between each other. And they definitely didn't last 1 week. More like 2 days. How disappointing... Sigh.

Vanilla pink with chips on the 2nd day.

All in all, I love the colors and will be using them again for sure, but the whole "1 coat, 1 min, 1 week" thing didn't work for me.



Have you heard of PeriPera and their polishes? Have you tried them? Did you like them?


Note: I was not sponsored for this post, I purchased these polishes with my own money and reviewed these on my own time. This is just my opinion.

2 comments:

bouncybrown on November 29, 2011 at 5:34 PM said...

I've never heard of this brand but it's too bad the polish doesn't live up to their claims.

Audrey on December 3, 2011 at 8:58 PM said...

That's so disappointing. When I read the tagline, I got very excited, but only 2 days? Not worth it...Even if the colors are pretty.

 

Gossip Candy Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos