2010-11-02

Catfish

Posted by Suteisi ♥ at 10:55 AM

I first heard of this movie on Ellen Degeneres' daytime show. The same day I started seeing the trailer on television. Right off the bat it spiked my interested. Is it a movie or a documentary? It is really real or is it another one of those "Blair Witch Project" type of thing?

The trailer they plaid in theaters had a critic say "The last 40 minutes will keep you on the edge of your seat!".

While it did not keep me on the edge of my seat, I quite enjoyed it. I didn't really know what to expect and I think that's the kind of attitude someone needs to have when watching such a movie. It's said to be all real, and it is indeed quite realistic, I'm 100% sure what happens in the movie has happened to others before and will continue to happen in the future as well. But weither it was really real or all fabricated just to make money, I'm not sure us specators will ever know. Film makers and actors can make us believe anything these days.

Plot summary from Wikipedia:

"Young New York photographer Nev Schulman lives with his brother Ariel and friend Henry Joost in New York. Abby Pierce, an eight-year-old child prodigy artist in rural Michigan, sends him a painting of one of his photographs. They become Facebook friends in a network that broadens to Abby's family, including her mother, Angela; Angela's husband; and Abby's attractive older half-sister Megan."

I encourage anyone that has even just a little bit of interest to see this. I think it could also be an eye opener for some of the younger kids and teenagers of our time.

Catfish was good. I quite liked it :)

1 comments:

michelle on November 14, 2010 at 9:43 PM said...

wow i love your layout!!!!
its so adorable
I love japanese fashion too :)
so glad i came past your blog hehehe
going to follow u

xx www.mooshichui.blogspot.com

 

Gossip Candy Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos