2011-04-11

Quebec March 2011 : Part 1

Posted by Suteisi ♥ at 7:29 PM
Last March, I went out of town for a weekend. We drove 5 hours to Quebec city, the capital of the province of Quebec. Quebec has always been a city part of my life, I had gone often in the past, but always in the summer (I was there last year, you can check on my posts back from August '10). I had never gone in the winter!

We were going there for a sport event taking place on March 19. We left Ottawa on the 18 and came back on the 20th.

Every picture I've taken was taken on the 19 itself. Since the sport event was in the evening, we walked around town and explored at our leisure during the day.

It was sunny and beautiful, but also pretty cold! Winter in Quebec is not like winter in Ottawa, even though it's just 5 hours away. It was at least 7 to 10 degrees less than where I live. So when we left home on the 18, it was -5C in Ottawa, then it was at least -12C in Quebec. Doesn't sound like much, but with the wind it could get pretty chilly~

Enough with the blah blah. Pictures for everyone!

The view from our hotel room on the morning of the 19th. I think it was 8 or 9am.
I was a little annoyed... the window was dirty... makes for crappy pictures. Bleh.


We staid at the Hilton in Old Quebec city. I'd never been to a Hilton, super pleasant experience.
Minus the dirty window...

Going down town to walk and find a place for breakfast.


Breakfast!

This is the best picture to describe Old Quebec city.
It's like going back in time. It's the way it was built and designed in the old days.
400 years ago!!

Hello Kitty store we stumbled on, totally random.

Chateau Frontenac.
Now the city's most expensive hotel.

Old Castle from back in the days. It's massive~

Part 2 coming up~ Stay tuned!

What do you think of Quebec city from these few pictures? Think you'd travel there even in the winter with the cold temperatures?

3 comments:

Homero on April 27, 2011 at 12:29 AM said...

ummmm you had a yummy breakfast... bone apetitte!!!

Emily on April 27, 2011 at 1:02 AM said...

I loveee Canada but I've never been to the east side where Quebec is! It looks so beautiful I want to go now!

karisuma gyaru on April 27, 2011 at 5:49 AM said...

aww, this makes me feel all nostalgic, and a little homesick! my dad lives in/near Quebec City... i don't miss the cold though! lol. and let me tell you, it gets fucking colder than just -12! ha! yeaaah, i don't miss it. lol.

 

Gossip Candy Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos