2011-07-24

China Town in Montreal

Posted by Suteisi ♥ at 7:16 PM
I'm on summer vacations this week and it was my birthday last Friday (July 22nd) so I've been busy enjoying my time off! I've taken tons of pictures but I haven't been home all week so I can't re-size them and post them up on here just yet.

In the mean time, here's a little post on a trip I took a few weeks ago...

D. and I took a road trip to Montreal not so long ago. We were going to the Jean-Talon market but made a quick stop at the China town there before heading out to the market.

Random pics of our walk in Montreal's little China town~




Plastic food menu in the window of an Asian restaurant!





Great place to go if you want to find random Anime toys / figures / items. Also tons of Hello Kitty stuff of course. Lots of Asian type souvenirs and food markets. But nothing very gyaru-ish. :(

'Was still fun to walk around and feel like I was in another country~


Do you have a China Town in your city?

6 comments:

Thanh Thao on July 27, 2011 at 3:38 AM said...

Oh that's so cool you have a China Town in your city!

We have a japanese quarter in Düsseldorf, which s very convinient, I don't need to go to Tokyo whenever I need something, lol

karisuma gyaru on July 27, 2011 at 7:55 AM said...

aww... everything is so kitsch and cheap! i miss home!!!!

i used to go to chinatown so often when i was in high school and obsessed with Sailor Moon... lol! i'm old!!

Saving Capulet on July 27, 2011 at 1:46 PM said...

oh belated happy birthday lovely girl! and i so wanna go to that HK shop D: so much cuteness I see! and yes we have a chine town but I seldom go there since the food is just too awesome and om trying to loose weight :I

Lou on July 27, 2011 at 2:48 PM said...

Very cute shops in lil china town! But I know what you mean! It's difficult to find "gyaruish" stuff! >.< aahh wanna go back to japan ;__;

Suteisi ♥ on August 2, 2011 at 9:38 AM said...

@Thanh Thao: If only there was a Little Tokyo out here! China Town really is mostly chinese things out here. Few other asian shops and items, but nothing that comes of typical Japanese the way I saw it in Tokyo. You're lucky!

@Kari: El cheapo that's for sure! Lol I'd probably be in China town for lunch every weekend if I could afford it. I miss japanese restaurants from Tokyo <3

@Saving Capulet: Aw thank you! There were in did many cute things in those shoes :3 I know what you mean >___< Asian food is so tasty!

@Lou: I wanna go back to Japan also T____T Let's meet there next year, Lou? Lol

Vivian on August 12, 2011 at 1:13 PM said...

Ohhh this makes me miss Montreal!! After living in Korea, I was so homesick for Asia, so I kept going to Chinatown on my own to have a little bit of Asia. It's so small, but it has a lot to offer. Nice pictures.

 

Gossip Candy Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos