2011-07-04

Royals for Canada Day

Posted by Suteisi ♥ at 11:11 AM
July 1st in Canada is off for mostly everyone because it is Canada Day. A day of celebrations all around, well, in Ottawa it is anyway. I'm not sure about anywhere else in this huge country.







Prince William and Kate Middleton came to town and started their first North American tour in my own little (well it's not very small, it's actually pretty big!) city, the capicale of Canada: Ottawa.


I avoided the crowds and did not go down town to try and have a glimpse of them, but I enjoyed reading the new and checking out all the pictures of their outings and doings.


So here are a few pictures for those of you that did not get to watch on TV or catch up online. I'm not a big royals fan, but I think this is still interesting to see, especially since they were out and about in places I have often gone to in the past.


They landed at the airport at 2h30pm on Thursday June 30th. I was worried I'd be stuck in traffic with all roads blocked when I got off work at 3 since I live 5 minutes from the airport and go by on my way home. But everything was as normal as usual.


I love Kate's dress! What do you think?


For Canada Day celebrations, Kate was dressed in white and red to match the Canadian flag. Love the red shoes, not too sure of the hat though...




And then they were on their way to a tree-planting ceremony. (Kate got changed, again!)



And then they were out for the evening celebrations which took park after dinner hours, mostly shows with music and of course fireworks!




Apparently the purple dress was her 5th change of the day. But by the pictures online, I've only been able to see 3 different ones for July 1st.

All in all, it seems 500 000 people went out of their way to go downtown for the celebrations and have a glimpse of the royal newlyweds. Watching them from afar was good enough for me.


Instead I was out at a museum since the admissions were free, and out to the park for a walk since it was super nice out.


At 33 degrees C though, I'm not sure how Prince William managed to stay in a suit all day. Couldn't have been easy that's for sure!!


Now they're out visiting other areas of the country, they were in Montreal and Quebec over the weekend, and Prince Edward Islands today I believe. They're heading up north to Yellowknife next.



Have you been following the royals these past few days?

2 comments:

In Palace on July 4, 2011 at 6:50 PM said...

she is soo prety!
In Palace ♥

noone on July 5, 2011 at 12:34 PM said...

thats neat that they were in town for canada day, did you go down to parliament hill to see them? I went down but didn't want to wait for hours to see them wave for a few minutes so I left after 40 minutes lol, they're no goo goo dolls hahaha

 

Gossip Candy Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos