2011-05-11

A walk in the park

Posted by Suteisi ♥ at 7:43 PM
On the last day of April, we had a warm and sunny day. D and I decided to go out for a walk in one of the many parts of the Gatineau Park.

Due to the cold weather the trees still looked pretty naked and dead. Many of the trails were closed off because the last of the ice and snow from the hills and mountains had been melting off and flooding some areas of the park.

Still we managed to walk a good 5 km and I took a few pictures.

A few sign of Spring : Tiny white flowers among the many dead leaves.

A flooded area.


A random pile of rocks...


Have you taken a walk in the park lately?

3 comments:

Thanh Thao on May 12, 2011 at 6:52 AM said...

Beutiful nature pictures! Lately the weather has been rather good here in Germany, so I've already taken some walks in the local parks :-)

Oh btw, I've changed my blog's URL to http://welcometorainydays.blogspot.com/
Please make sure to update your blogroll, I'm sorry for the inconvienience!!

Caroline Josephine on May 12, 2011 at 12:11 PM said...

I love all of these photos! They're making me a bit homesick even~

I actually went for a walk in the park last week with my mom while she was visiting me. But things are a lot greener over here.

Sorry I haven't been commenting much :( I will try harder for sure!

Shaz said...

Its really interesting to see the Canadian "wildlife" like that. Even in the middle of winter here, everything is still pretty green.

 

Gossip Candy Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos