2011-01-21

Gal-icious gals

Posted by Suteisi ♥ at 9:28 AM

I've been "blogging" for many years now, though I think I would qualify the first few years more as a diary then as a blog. I was on livejournal.com for the longuest time, since I was about 15 or 16 years old. I have had three (yes, three) different accounts on LJ and have enjoyed my time on there for quite some time. But in 2010, I found blogger.com, and a whole new world of blogging.

There's something different about blogspot and it just attracted me instantly. I had (and still do have) lots of friends on LJ, but it's not just not the same. Blogger isn't necessarely easier to navigate or update, but I find it more fun! It's a lot easier to follow and keep up with other blogs, and it's even easier to find new ones with specific interests. It's like a community! Everyone knows each other, chat all the time, arranges to meet up if living in the same cities, etc. I love it!

I hope to meet some of you great people in the near future!

For now, I want to share with everyone a few blogs I follow and really enjoy reading. You can find the ones I read the most in my side bar on the right. But here are a few more special ones!

Pop Champagne Julie is a girl from my city! She posts several times a week (almost every day, if not every day!) about celeb gossips and special events that are going on in Ottawa. She cracks me up! Hopefully we will be meeting up sometime this year. Which reminds me I should probably send her an e-mail this weekend...

Swtie Pie Pnai Tricia is a lovely girl from California. She swears by gyaru (aka. gal) fashion! Her fashion sense is amazing! When I see her pictures of outfits, it's like I'm looking at a japanese magazine. I love reading her blog, she's always super active in real life and talks about all of the activities she does. She recently returned for a trip to Tokyo! It brings back some memories and motivates me to save for my next adventure even more.

Bloomzy Another sweet gal that lives for japanese fashion. She's currently living and studying in Tokyo. She blogs about her life, W♥C, and often discuss specific subjects related to Japan and living in Japan. I especially love seeing all the purikuras she takes with her friends. I wish we had purikuras in Ottawa!!

Rainy Days Never Stays Thanh Thao from Germany! She recently moved to Tokyo and has just started part-time work over there. It looks like she'll be staying for a while! She's always very positive and I find her posts to always be very interesting. She talks about the people she meets and hangs out with on a weekly basis. And just like Bloomzy she posts a lot of the purikuras she takes. As well as her shopping finds and the yummy looking food she eats.

Spooning with a school boy Caroline is another girl that lives in Japan. Her blog is all about her time spent living, studying and working in the beautiful country. Every single one of her posts is impecable and seems as if she has put much thought and time into. When I found this blog, I thought I'd found a secret treasure cave. There's SO much information on Japan I'm never bored reading what she has to say. Plus she has just started a serie called Caroline's Seikatsu Advice, in which she will be writing about her own experience and possibly others on living in Japan, but also deciding weither moving and living in Japan a good choice for you!

This is all I have to offer for now. But I'm always on the hunt for more blogging personalities to keep me entertain and informed! I'll surely be back with more eventually~

What about you? Do you have favorite blogs?
Any specific subjects you prefer to read on in blogs?
Do you have any blogs of fashion and Japan related to suggest?

8 comments:

Justine on January 21, 2011 at 3:32 PM said...

J'aime beaucoup tous les blogs que tu donnes, ils figuraient déjà pas mal tous dans mes favoris! ^_^

Haa & je t'ai répondu sur mon blog pour ton message; merci :3

Homero on January 21, 2011 at 10:03 PM said...

If you are planning to travell across South-East Asia please take a look my blog!!! All of you are also wellcome!!! In March I am leaving to Hong Kong. If some of your readers are from Hong Kong I am eager to get in touch!

Kei on January 22, 2011 at 1:50 AM said...

I'm sorry that I don't comment on every post >.<
I always read the blogs of my friends but I often don't have the time to comment on them...>.>

I like your room~~Especially the pink lights around your bed! So cute!!!^^

Melody on January 23, 2011 at 1:57 AM said...

I'm on LJ too although it's more of a "secret" account cos most of the people I know don't really know about it !

I also read Bloomzy and Caroline's blogs! Loveee them (: x

Elisa ♥ on January 26, 2011 at 6:21 PM said...

I never used LJ actually, but i got really addicted to blogger once I started xD I don't know why as well.. lol i didn't even have much followers back then >.<" but i just kept on blogging ^^

Hannah on January 27, 2011 at 12:15 AM said...

Thank you soooo, so much for letting me know about the comment situation, sweetie! ♥

I've been having a lot of problems with Disqus :(
I installed a new program tonight, so hopefully that will work better!

I absolutely love your blog, by the way!
Thanks so much for following mine, too~

P.S. Your room is adorable~ *___*

*hugs* ♥

Caroline Josephine on January 30, 2011 at 6:36 AM said...

Wwwaaaaahhhh! Sorry I dissapeared! I just saw that I was getting some traffic from here (its the first time ive been online in weeks) and omg. crying. you are so sweet! and that makes me so happy to hear you say all of those things about my blog! im really really really happy! and i cannot wait to get my computer back so i can get the seikatsu advice up and running!

Jenny on January 31, 2011 at 12:00 PM said...

I used to have a blogspot back in 2001 before Google bought it. GOOGLE MADE BLOGSPOT AMAZING! You couldn't even post images before XDDD

I read some of those blogs :D Most my reading is via RSS though so i don't comment much these days :P

 

Gossip Candy Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos