2011-01-19

Pancakes and chocolate

Posted by Suteisi ♥ at 9:26 AM
I never really believed in New Year resolutions. I've never known anyone that stuck with any of theirs, myself included. I don't think it's a bad thing. I just think if we stopped putting so much pressure on ourselves then maybe we'd be able to accomplish some of the things we set ourselves to do.

Last year, my only resolution was to get my driver's license and buy my first car. Which I did. I didn't set myself up for anything else because I didn't want to be disappointed with myself when I looked back at 2010.


But as I saw many of my fellow bloggers making short lists of things they wish to accomplish for 2011, I felt inspired. So instead of taking New Year resolutions, this year, I want to make a short list of goals. I'm telling myself "These are things I would like to do this year. But if it doesn't work out, it's not the end of the world and I shouldn't feel guilty for not completely said goals." Taking the pressure off! Bye bye load of bull~

01. Friends


Quality over quantity. I met a lot of people in 2010, but I only made 3 new friends. When you REALLY think about it, who do you seriously consider your friend? I always thought someone close to me had many friends and was Mr. Popular, as I discussed it with him, he made me realize that in fact, he simply knows many people, but has very few friends. Who do you feel you can truly be yourself and be accepted for who you really are deep down? I want to value the quality of my friendship with my few friends, and focus on quality over quantity.


02. Japan

Save for Japan. I know that realistically, there is no way, that I would be able to go back to Japan this year, if I continue to spend and shop as much as I have been. Plus with a brand new car, insurance and payments is a chunk coming out of my pocket, that was there before, for me to spend however I liked and wanted. I like to indulge in shopping. Sometimes I wonder if I'm not a shopaholic because it brings me happiness exactly like it does for Becca Bloomwood, without all of the financial issues... I don't want to starve myself from that, I want to save step by step, to go back to Japan, while still being able to do things I want, and spend my money as I like it. So, this is why this year, I won't likely be going back to Tokyo, but I would really like to save in order to do so in 2012.

03. Short shorts

Short shorts for the summer. This summer, I want to be comfortable enough with myself to wear short shorts ALL summer long. This implies that I will have to lose a little bit of weight. BUT, considering how I managed to lose 40 lbs all by myself in 2010. I think the extra 20 that is left to magically disappear, is a reasonable enough goal for me to be able to accomplish by May-June. As I've mentioned above, I'm not one that likes to starve myself. I don't believe in salad and meat only diets. I didn't lose 40 lbs by depriving myself of donuts and chocolate because I enjoy eating those things. Everything in moderation. Eat well. Exercise every day. Constant motivation.

04. Cooking


Become a better cook. I love to bake, but I never really enjoyed cooking. But I've come to think that eating well is important, and I want to do it for myself, by myself. I started looking at cook books recently. I have yet to find one that picked my curiosity, but I'm still looking. Amazon.ca might be my new best friend through out the next few weeks.


05. New things

Trying out new things. I find myself falling into routine a lot, probably like a lot of people, and while I feel comfortable in such routine, I often wonder "Oh but what if I tried this out?". So this year, I would like to try new things! First one being snowboarding because I hate winter, and it's one of the most boring season ever. Also, I have been thinking for a while that I would like to take up a class at a local beauty academy. I found one that has certificates avaiable for manicure, acrylic and gel nails. I've always been fascinated by nail art, so I will be looking into that. This idea is big up in the air, because I don't know if I will be able to afford it, and if they will be able to accomodate me considering I already have a full-time job. To be continued...

06. Photography

Take more pictures. I think it's time I changed my camera. When I think that my phone takes better picture than my actual digital camera does, it's a sign, right? Weither I buy a new camera or not, I would like to take more pictures. Of anything and everything. Of things I do, or just random things I come accross of. I often feel shy of taking pictures in public, but I really want to over come that, and just be spontaneous.

As I mentionned, I don't want these to become chores. They're ideas and goals I would like to accomplish. Things that I think will improve my life and how I feel about myself. But if I don't manage to accomplish some (or all) of them, then it is really not that big of a deal, because I already feel good about my life and myself.
Have you given yourself some goals for 2011?
Do you plan on taking them seriously, or just lightly?

5 comments:

Justine on January 20, 2011 at 7:03 PM said...

Je te souhaite d'atteindre tous tes objectifs! C'est vrai que je devrais plus prendre soin de mes amitiés moi aussi :/ Mais avec l'école c'est difficile, encore plus quand on a une job (et je me débrouille pour en avoir une justement). La cuisine j'aime beaucoup en faire, surtout depuis que j'habite seule avec mon chum la semaine! J'ai commencé à faire des sushis, c'est tellement bon *_*

J'ai comme but de ne plus m'en faire avec ce que je mange & les calories. Surtout depuis que j'ai vu que j'avais un poids largement insuffisant >.<

Elisa ♥ on January 20, 2011 at 7:41 PM said...

I'm also saving for japan !! at least .. i'm trying xD lol hopefully i can go there one day o_o and buy lots of kawaii stuff!

Shaz said...

OMG, we're gonna have so much fun when we go in 2012! I'm already making lists of places I wanna take you guys, like the Osaka Aquarium, Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea, Kyoumizu Temple, Gion, Nara (where deer roam free in the town), I'm sure I'll think of more as time rolls on, lol. I'm already excited and its like, 23 months away. XD

AND AYU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( ̄▽ ̄)

-Shaz

karisuma gyaru on January 21, 2011 at 1:18 AM said...

oh, a lot of your goals are the same as mine! my main "resolution" for the year though is to make new friends... cuz i suck at making friends and i don't have that many... i have like a million boys' phone numbers in my phone, but i don't even know one single japanese girl! haha... well not as a good friend anyways.... so anyways, that's that.

if you do end up coming to japan, let me know! we must hang out! (and talk about people in french behind their backs, right in their faces :p)

Suteisi ♥ on January 21, 2011 at 8:13 AM said...

//Reply//

@Justine: Ah merci beaucoup! En fait je crois que l'ecole c'est le meilleur endroit pour ce faire des amis... Quoi que c'est peut-etre souvent du "hit or miss". Je m'ennuie un peu de l'ecole justement pour ca... Mais je manque pas les devoirs par contre haha!

Je pense que j'aimerais mieux cuisiner si j'habitais avec mon amoureux aussi... Mais je suis avec ma mere (eh pas vraiment d'amoureux haha) et elle a l'air de s'en foutre pas mal de ce que je fais a manger, donc je n'es meme pas le gout de faire un effort... Lol

Bah tu vois, moi je suis au dessus de la normal pour ma grandeur, je suis pas enorme, et en fais tout le monde me dis que j'ai l'air plus mince que ce que je pese, mais bon... Je veux en perdre pour moi meme. Hehe merci encore!


@Elisa: Yeaaahhh! Shopping in Tokyo was one of my favorite parts of my whole trip in 2009. My mom was getting annoyed at me cause I prefered shopping then doing typical tourist stuff! LOL


@Shaz: Oommgggg! I'm soooo happy I'll be meeting you there!! I think it'll be so much fun travelling with friends instead of family! I'M EXCITED!


@Kari: Ahh yeah, no I know what you mean. I seem to have more guy friends right now too, which is kinda weird, I'm not even interested in dating right now too. I have ONE girl friend I feel I can really trust, the other two girls... well, they're friends but you know... not that close. Haha. AND YES! I'll totally tell you!! We can definitely talk in french in people's back hahaha!

 

Gossip Candy Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos