2011-01-17

I'm a lamp

Posted by Suteisi ♥ at 9:27 AM
http://thenomadsland.tumblr.com/

Lack of updates have been caused by an unforseen event aka I have been sick as a dog. I've had flus and colds. I've cut my fingers and needed stitches. I've had killer cramps, and hippopotamus migraines. But the past 5 days... I seriously thought that I was not going to make it out of the desert.

On Friday I was so sick that I lost my voice and was dizzy to the point I thought I might faint. I went to work for 30 minutes and was sent to go to a walk-in clinic. Three other girls had been sick with bronchitis before me, so they insist I see a doctor in case I was coming down with that, so that said doctor could give me something to help clear it out. I waited 20 minutes to be told "You've got what pretty much everyone in this city has, listen to your body, go sleep and drink clear liquides like there is no tomorrow". Oh great, thanks. Why did I come here again?

I slept all day Friday, up til about noon on Saturday, and up til noon again on Sunday. I had everything, stuffy/runny nose, sore throat, headaches, muscleaches, dry cough, mucus in throat, etc. You name it, I had it.

Alas I have survived (I'm a survivor ringtone, anyone?) and today is the first day I somewhat feel normal.

To stay sane I watched movies and read blogs online. One that entertained me to no end is Sarah's "The nomad's land" tumblr blog. You guys should check it out. She's from South Africa, but has been living in Japan for four years now. She's hilarious~

In other news I've been thinking of working on a new layout for Gossip Candy, and also I've gotten quite a few things for my very first giveaway. So stay tuned!
Have you been sick this season?
Was it worse than any other bug before?
How did you manage to stay sane?

8 comments:

Melody on January 19, 2011 at 10:08 AM said...

Aww :( I hope that you get real better soon! Completely sucks to be sick ;____;

I've been slightly sick lately but not really really. I think it's just that time of month coming down :\ Yeah? And eeee. Just sleep love! Our body heals itself when we're sleeping for some unknown reason ! hehe.

And sane? I just slept and cried and whined to my boyfriend and mum and brother :3

noone on January 19, 2011 at 11:30 AM said...

omg I think I am sick too? I've been coughing like crazy today and last night and if everyone in the city has it... :(

Melody on January 19, 2011 at 11:46 AM said...

/reply/ OMG ME TOO! Everytime my parents or a teacher or just ANYONE is like "come here, need to talk to you" IT FREAKS ME OUT COS THE WORST POSSIBLE SCENARIOS KEEPS FLASHING ;A; ! turns out to be okay msot of the time but FREAKS OUT SO BADLY xD haha

FashionableAsians on January 19, 2011 at 1:54 PM said...

Aww get well soon! pretty much everyone in my office has been sick, I've trying to keep it away by sterilizing everything and drinking/taking vitamin c supplements! Vicks Vaporub is really good for when you're sick works everytime for me ;)

Hello Naka on January 19, 2011 at 2:50 PM said...

the photo made me laugh but i hope ur okay now! and r u fingers okay? that sounds really painful :( doctors annoy me so much!

Justine on January 19, 2011 at 5:12 PM said...

Pour une fois, je n'ai pas été malade! C'est vraiment un record sérieux. Et pour les migraines, j'te comprends j'en ai quasiment à toutes les semaines (et ça fait comme si l'on me tirait les cheveux T_T)

Suteisi ♥ on January 21, 2011 at 8:18 AM said...

//Reply//

@Melody: I try to sleep as much as I can, but I work full-time u___u I can't take a whole week off to sleep, even though I really want to. Haha!'

@Julie: Yeaaahhhh! Lots of people are sick around here.


@Fashionable: That's how I got sick, from people at work u___u'' I probably wasn't abusing of the purel enough... LOL I didn't think of Vicks until I was feeling better... Hopefully I remember next time!


@Naka: That's why I put it there! Lol it made me laugh too!


@Justine: Ouais... j'aurais du prendre le vaccin contre la grippe... L'infirmiere a ma job me l'a suggerer, et j'ai dis non... La prochaine fois, definitevement OUI! Lol Moi les migraines c'est deriere et autour des yeux... Fais mal T___T''

Rachel on February 26, 2011 at 7:38 AM said...

Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net) may be another choice. i know alot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious sore throat.

 

Gossip Candy Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos