2011-02-16

V-Day Choco: Part 1

Posted by Suteisi ♥ at 9:08 PM
For Valentine's Day this year I decided to make heart shaped chocolates to give out! I'd never done this before, so I was 100% newbie, but I was full of hope and inspiration!! So I put my hands into it.

I bought 4 different chocolates at Bulk Barn, along with molds.


I started with the chocolate milk. I boiled some water and used a glass bowl over it to use sort of as a double-boiler. I let it sit for a few minutes while the chocolate melted. I mixed everything up with a spoon and when it was evenly melted, with the spoon still, I poured chocolate into the little molds.

After filling both molds, I put them in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.


Once they were ready, I turned the molds upside down on a towel on the kitchen counter and gently tapped every little heart out.


Rinse and repeat with the rest of the chocolates. The ones above are dark chocolates. I found it was the easiest to work with.

BUT WAIT! I wasn't done after this... Stay tuned for Part 2!

Did you make something for your Valentine this year?
Or did you buy it? What was it?
Did you receive anything from anyone on V-Day?

3 comments:

Caroline Josephine on February 17, 2011 at 7:59 AM said...

So cute! I'm glad that you had fun making them.

I didn't make anything for Valentine's Day. My boyfriend doesn't like chocolate, so I just gave him his favorite snacks. I got some chocolates from my students, but nothing too big.

amanda on February 17, 2011 at 11:36 AM said...

naww these look like they were so much fun to make!

Elisa ♥ on February 17, 2011 at 4:43 PM said...

niceee ^^ that's a lot of chocolate <33

 

Gossip Candy Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos