2010-09-18

La Ronde - Amusement Park

Posted by Suteisi ♥ at 9:04 AM
On September 5th, my sister, a few other people and I went out to La Ronde! La Ronde is a big amusement park in Montreal. Montreal is about 2 hours drive from where I live, so we left early in the morning to be there at the opening.

I'd been to La Ronde several times before. The last time I went was 3 years ago. There were new rides since I went last.

It's situated on an island, so it's surrounded by water. Some rides it looks like you're going to fall in the water! Super scary!!

(This might be a bit picture heavy. I'm sorry!)



Montreal is bilingual, but La Ronde is mostly french. Instructions for the rides are bilingual, but the names of the rides are all in french only. A lot of them can easily be translated though. Judge for yourself!

This is the 1st ride we did:





In this one, you're sitting with your feet dangling. Upside down and all round!



I was really scared I was going to loose my shoes at one point! Lol



Next one:



This one you're standing! Upside down, all around too!!





And then this one. This was one I said I'd never do. Somehow though they managed to convince me.





Basically, it lifts you up really fast up to the top. When it went up I was thinking "Hey this isn't so bad!" and then they let you fall.

O_O !!!!!!!!!!!!

Free fall!! I lifted from the seat!! I never screamed so hard in my entire life! I was REALLY scared!! Lol









Goliath is the highest and longest ride of them all!





"Le Monstre" is my favorite. It as always been since the 1st time I tried it. It's hard to take a picture of it because it's so huge. You can see a little bit of it behind the sign. It's made out of wood! A lot of people are scared it's not strong enough. But I love it!! There are 2 rides in that one, and when we went in, the other one was going up at the same time, so we kept crossing each other through the entire time!



While you wait to go to Ednor, there are TVs and posters telling the legend of Ednor. It's like a mini loch ness in the lake surrounding the island.



This ride was built completely on top of water! And it's shape resembles a water snake :) Sitting with dangling feet on this one too.







This new one is funny! You're sitting in what looks like a boat designed like a log! And you're in water! Suuuper fun!!





I can't remember the name of these next two...









And then there was a rainbow at the end of the day :)

5 comments:

Min on September 18, 2010 at 9:39 AM said...

Amusement parks! It's been such a long time since I've been to one. I think it has been 3 years? xD I love water rides the most cos I get to get wet hahhaha~ The freefall ride we have in the Gold Coast is the world highest! x.x I remember going on it and I was like half dead halfway down :S

awww a rainbow at the end of a day must have felt so good <3

Tommy on September 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM said...

Mon dieu ! Way too scary for me ! J'ai une peur bleue des machins à looping >.<
Mais ça à l'air fun quand même haha ~

Hello Naka on September 19, 2010 at 7:19 AM said...

i love the picture of the rainbow it looks like fun! i always get motion sickness though XD

Tommy on September 19, 2010 at 6:27 PM said...

Hey~ you have been awarded the One Lovely Blog Award, please come and claim it =) !

Audrey on September 19, 2010 at 10:25 PM said...

That looks like so much fun, but the rides look scary at the same time! >.<

 

Gossip Candy Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos