2010-09-22

Resident Evil: Afterlife

Posted by Suteisi ♥ at 10:31 AM
This past weekend I saw Resident Evil: Afterlife.


I've been waiting for it for a very long long time! I'm a big Resident Evil movie fan. I never played the games, and I never intend to. I'll watch my friends play, but I'll never play. Plans for me to have a heart attack and die. Anyway.

I really liked it! I like all of the Resident Evil movies. I love horror, suspense and zombies. Which this movie has, all of it. I noticed the reviews online are quite mixed, people either love it or hate it.

I do have to admit that the focus was put on the special effects that go with the 3D. If you want a deep storyline with characters that develop on many level, Afterlife will not deliver for you. It's about beautiful people fighting off monsters. Lots of guns, fights, special effects, blood, etc.


RE: Afterlife is the continuation of Extinction, 6 months later to be exact. Alice wants to finish all of this by finding and rescuing her friends and other survivors, as well as destroying Albert Wesker, whom was seen in the last scene of Extinction, hiding in his Tokyo Umbrella Headquarters.

They are bringing back a few characters and putting in new ones. New zombies, new creatures, new mutations. A whole bundle of fun!



But what I liked the most was the music! That movie has some REAL epic music! I was so amazed, through out the ENTIRE film, I wanted to take out my guitar (imaginary) and start rocking out on stage. No joke. Really good music!

A lot of the special effects reminded me of Matrix. And the big Axeman guy you see in the trailer (or as they call him on Wikipedia "The Executioner") reminded me a lot of Pyramid Head from Silent Hill.

But I found my heart pouding through out the whole movie, and I jumped in my seat several times too.



All in all, I give this movie 4.5/5. .5 missing because I wished it'd ended a bit differently. But overall Resident Evil: Afterlife was very good and entertaining. Definitely getting this on Blu-ray when it comes out!

1 comments:

noone on September 23, 2010 at 2:00 PM said...

ohh I saw the first 2 movies and played the video game before... I really want to see this one though but not big on the blood and gore... is there a lot of blood and gore in this one?!

 

Gossip Candy Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos