2010-08-23

Ayu on ABC News

Posted by Suteisi ♥ at 10:12 AM
Global Pop Sensations You've Never Heard Of
You might not know their names, but plenty of others do.



"Nearly a decade before Lady Gaga donned her "Poker Face," Japanese pop star Ayumi Hamasaki put on hers, releasing the song as her first single in 1998. Dubbed the "Empress of Pop" by her loyal fans, Hamasaki has dominated the Japanese airwaves, having sold more than 50 million records since her debut. Widely considered to be the best-selling artist in her country, she is the first artist to have a number-one album for 11 straight years."

Yeeessss!! Take that Lady Gaga!

Lol. No really, I like Lady Gaga. I saw her in concert. But no one will ever beat Ayu for me.

I spent 75$ for my concert ticket to see Gaga last November 2009. It was a last minute ticket, I wasn't planning on going. We had a blast, it was fun! I don't regret going.

I spent 1,100$ for my plane ticket to Tokyo. Some 900$+ for the hotel, some more on food. And then, 325$ for my FIRST ticket to Ayu's concert on October 22nd 2009. Then, 160$ for my SECOND ticket to Ayu's concert on October 23rd 2009. I spent over 300$ worth of Ayu goodies at the concert stands. I spent 200$ on Ayu books at Nakano Broadway. I spent another some 400$ on CDs and DVDs ONLY purchased in Tokyo. I haven't counted all the stuff I bought online before I went to Japan, all the CDs and DVDs. Had the best time of my life. Accomplished my life long dream to go to Japan and see Ayu live in concert.

I'm not rich. I have a full-time job and bills to pay like everyone else. I've just got different priorities. And I can be very motivated when I want to. Lol

Anyway. All this to say, I'm really happy Ayu's getting some recongnition outside Japan. I'll post pictures of when I went to see her another day, if you guys want to see.

Gotta love Ayu <3

1 comments:

sophie-cat on August 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM said...

My friends call me the G-Rated Lady Gaga XDD

 

Gossip Candy Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos