2010-08-25

Car shopping

Posted by Suteisi ♥ at 2:13 PM
Earlier this year I finally got around to get my driver's license (about time, I know!). I've been practicing with my mother and took some classes. I will be able to get my full license this coming December 2010. I plan on buying a car as soon as I have my license if not before.

So, I've been shopping around, asking people their opinions, etc. My dad's been really excited. He LOVES cars, he let me borrow is Auto Guide 2010 and put some stickies on some of the pages.

For the past 2 years, I had my eyes set on the Mitsubishi Lancer.



The minute I first saw the commercial on TV, I was in love! Imagine what my reaction was when I found out the guy I've been dating has a Lancer! Lol I freaked a little on the inside!

I got to try it out, the way everything's placed inside the car is great, but it didn't leave me with the excited feeling I thought it initially would. And then my heart fell to the ground when I saw the price. EXPENSIVE! But... they ARE under waranty for 10 YEARS!! That's the longest waranty I've ever heard of, for a car.

Lancer is still an option, for now.

Then, I had my eyes set on the Mazda 3.



One of my neighbor has one. It looks good, it's not too big, not too small. The exterior makes it look like a car for younger drivers. When I sat in it, I didn't really care for the way the interior was done, though.

Mazda cars are really good cars. 5 to 7 years waranty on brand new. Mazda 3 is slightly cheaper than Lancer. Second choice on the list.

Then, my father suggested the Kia Forte.



I haven't had a chance to try this one yet. When I went to the dealer, they were closed. There were some Forte models outside, so I got a look at them. They looked much bigger than I first thought, as I stood next to them. The interior looks standard. I'll probably go back to try it out just for the heck of it. Good price, but it doesn't hit me like the others did.

And then...

Earlier before the summer started, I was at the movies, and right before the movie started, along with several other commercials. This pops on the big screen:



Brand new 2011 Mazda 2!

Apparently this car has been very popular in Europe and Japan. I'd never heard of it before, but it was like... love at first sight, literally!

The Mazda 2 is new to America. It just came out in June/July. I personally haven't seen a single one on the road yet, but the dealer was telling me he sold LOTS of them already. Where they have gone? Your guess is as good as mine!

So last Friday, bored out of my mind, I decide to go out to test drive the Mazda 2. The guy (SUPER CUTE!) didn't even ask for my driver's license, went out right away to get a red automatic Mazda 2 and handed me the keys. We went around for a good 15-20 minutes.

One word: WOAW!

Such an amazing car!! It's like it was built FOR ME!! It's a small car, ok? You can easily compare it to the Hyundai Accent and the Ford Fiesta. It's really not a big car. But from the inside, it looks big!! The windows are super wide, I could see SO well all around me, mirrors were perfect. The steering wheel was just the right size, the pedals were super smooth!

I got out of the car and wanted to buy it right away!! Of course, I didn't. But I really wanted to!! Lol





At first, I had my mind set on a white car. No matter what it was going to be, Mazda, Lancer, Kia, whatever. It was going to be white. But then I saw the green Mazda 2, IN PERSON. And it's just SOOO pretty! It's a really happy color!

In the pictures you see here, the green looks a lot like the color of grass. In person, it's a little lighter and comes out so much better!! So, if I do end up buying the Mazda 2 (I'm kind of sold on it right now, but I'm gonna force myself to go try out other cars just to see what they feel like... I do want to make the right choice!) it will definitely be green!

Their website has this shot:



GREEN RIMS AND BODY KIT! Badass looking, isn't it?

I spoke with the sales guy and he said I could get a deal on winter tires and body kit when I buy it. TOTALLY GETTING IT!

So, do any of you guys have a car? Personal experience on buying/trying one out?

Which one would YOU choose?

4 comments:

Anca on August 28, 2010 at 5:25 AM said...

Hey!

That Mazda looks really good<3<3<3

My favorite car is Mercedes SLK Roadster. It's a two-seater car so I don't think you like it.

I hope you will choose the best one for you.

Good luck!

SC on August 28, 2010 at 7:01 AM said...

oh wow i don't even know which to choose lol :S

I haven't even taken my L yet!!! I'm so lazy lol I need to go do it now!

Oh btw, you're from Canada? Which province? I live in British Columbia.

Suteisi ♥ on August 28, 2010 at 10:38 AM said...

Anca: I like two-seaters, they look WAY cooler. But it's not as practical and the insurance for them around here is more expensive >__<

@Mimi: I was lazy for a long time and JUST got it this year. Lol I live in Ontario, right on the border of Quebec :)

Hello Naka on August 30, 2010 at 1:37 PM said...

oh i wish I could drive :( i have to wait til im 17 :(

 

Gossip Candy Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos